Whither Digest AA

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 17:28:12 -0700
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: dsr@w3.org
Hi folks,

I believe I mentioned a couple months ago that somebody needs to
take charge of the Digest AA specification and progress it through
the process.  It has since expired.

Now, we have three choices:

   1) someone other than me takes it, revives the document by updating
      it as a draft and we publish it soon as experimental
      (with appropriate wording added to indicate it can be used with
      HTTP/1.0 -- right now, it says too much about HTTP/1.1).
      A second document would then be produced for standards-track status
      as a companion to the HTTP/1.1 spec.

   2) I take it and include the relevant parts in the HTTP/1.1 spec.

   3) Nobody takes it and it goes away.

If none of the original authors wants to take charge of it, then volunteers
should contact Dave Raggett (dsr@w3.org).  Please let the mailing list
know as well, since I don't want option (2) or (3).

 ...Roy T. Fielding
    University of California, Irvine, CA 92717-3425    fax:+1(714)824-4056
    http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/