Host request header (was: re: domain name)

From: Balint Nagy Endre <bne@bne.ind.eunet.hu>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 07:59:55 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Ari Luotonen <luotonen@netscape.com>
Cc: http WG <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>
> So, still strongly seconding making Host: mandatory in HTTP/1.1.
May be server-host or host-requested more accurate. We really need
something to make easier to create virtual servers - without unnecessary
IP address space consuming.
Once Host: is implemented, and solves a problem, I can live with it.

I think, the Host request header meets the "running code" principle, and
I hope the rough consensus will be achieved.
There is my formal YES vote to make it happen.

Andrew. (Endre Balint Nagy) <bne@bne.ind.eunet.hu>