Re: Still trying to make sense of HTTP caching model

From: Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 95 14:13:51 PDT
To: mogul@pa.dec.com
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I like Jeff's proposal.  Would it mean that we could nuke "Expires:
yesterday", or is it embedded in current practice?
----------
] From: Jeffrey Mogul  <mogul@pa.dec.com>
] To: Shel Kaphan  <sjk@amazon.com>
] Cc:  <netmail!http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
] Subject: Re: Still trying to make sense of HTTP caching model
] Date: Wednesday, September 06, 1995 11:29AM
]
]     One thing I *do* hate about this is that "expires: <right now>" has
]     problems because of clock skew, but otherwise that would seem to
]     make more sense intuitively than "expires: yesterday".
]
] You may want to look at the proposal I sent last month for using
] the server's current date to de-skew Expiration times.  We may simply
] want to make Date: mandatory for responses with an Expires: header.
] If Date: > Expires:, then the meaning should be unambiguous.
]
] -Jeff
]