Re: Still trying to make sense of HTTP caching model

From: Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 1995 14:52:49 -0400
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
>This usage encodes some very non-intuitive semantics in the Expires:
>heading.  If you want to tell the proxy to cache a document but always
>validate it then create a header or Pragma to do that.

Just as an informational point, I already included these semantics
in draft 01 for the "max-age" (now Cache-Control: max-age=NNN) parameter.

 ....Roy T. Fielding  Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA
                      Visiting Scholar, MIT/LCS + World-Wide Web Consortium
                      (fielding@w3.org)                (fielding@ics.uci.edu)