Re: Suggestion: PUT if-not-modified-since

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 16:45:09 PDT
To: koen@win.tue.nl
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
> Choosing a multi-author mutual exclusion model now and standardizing
> it seems premature.

I neither proposed choosing this as the only multi-author mutual
exclusion model nor did I propose standardizing it immediately.

However, as long as we're tweaking if-modified-mumble, we might
consider those extensions that have the broadest applicability.

And of all the multi-author mutual exclusion methods I know of, using
store-unless-verifier-invalid is most consistent with the stateless
no-callback situation in most of the web.