Re: Comments on draft-v10-03a.

From: Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 95 09:22:43 PDT
To: fielding@beach.w3.org, koen@win.tue.nl
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
] >>8.11  Location
] [...]
] >In any case, from the discussion it would seem best not to add Location
] >to 2xx and simply provide 303 See Other instead.
]
] I don't mind if Location goes, the caching benefit of having Location would
] not be that great.

From the discussion, the primary value of Location seemed to be when
using POST, to know exactly the URI assigned (if any), for the
"shopping basket" scenario.
I didn't see arguments against the value of the usage, and since the
problems arose when trying to cache using Location (e.g., the security
issue) as a key, if we don't try and cache, I don't remember any problems.

I interpreted the discussion as: don't try to use Location to cache,
but keep it in.

Paul