Re: What happened to Retry-After and 503?

From: Daniel DuBois <ddubois@rafiki.spyglass.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 09:21:59 -0500
To: Chuck Shotton <cshotton@biap.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
At 09:05 AM 9/1/95 -0500, Chuck Shotton wrote:
>In reading through the latest spec, I can find no reference in the docs for
>the 503 "Service Unavailable" response nor in the Response Headers section
>detailing the "Retry-After" header. This header was discussed at length
>last Fall and Roy had added it to the spec (when 503 was "Server Busy").

Chill dude.  Need to follow the list a little more closely.

The latest 1.0 spec represents a "Best current practice" document.  *Lots*
of things were ripped out of it.  1.1 will contain the real version of the
"this is what we should be doing" HTTP spec, and should be out "real soon now".
-----
Dan DuBois, Software Animal                          ddubois@spyglass.com
(708) 505-1010 x532                     http://www.spyglass.com/~ddubois/