Re: Location Proposals

I was wondering about this myself.  Are Expires header advisory? Or are
they a guarantee that the server will not permit the resource in
question to change until after the expiration date?  (Perhaps by
accepting PUTs and POSTs against it, but returning "202 Accepted" and
not returning the updated resource until the expiration time has passed.)