Re: Location Proposals

Brian Behlendorf writes:
 > This assumes "server" is a contiguous authority - not true, there are many
 > servers out there where one group putting pages might be antagonistic to
 > another group on the same server.

How about this:  on the client side, caches and user agents just need
to check that it's from the same server.

On the server side, servers should be configurable to allow or
disallow Location headers from parts of themselves to other parts of themselves.
At least this puts authority and responsibility in the right places.

Yes, this is some work for server writers that makes this all somewhat
less attractive.  But I personally think it's worth it.