Re: any more comments? ('204 No Content' clarification)

In article <v02120d01ac6176031973@[204.156.156.16]> hedlund@best.com (Marc
Hedlund) wrote:

> >for HTTP/1.1, I see no reason why a new respose code, along the lines of
> >"205 Reset Document" couldn't be added, which would have no content, but
> >would instruct the UA to refresh the document internally, clearing any
> >user-modified portions.
>
> I'd be happy with this.  I could see this response being useful for applets
> (i.e., Java) as well.

This would be really useful for Chat.  Some implementations use
one window that submits the users input and returns 204.
A second window displays the result.  It would be nice to
have a way to clear the form element after submitting.

:lou
--
Lou Montulli                 http://www.mcom.com/people/montulli/
       Netscape Communications Corp.