Re: planned obsolescence

From: Maurizio Codogno <mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 08:48:36 +0200
To: jern@spaceaix.jhuapl.edu
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
% From: jern@spaceaix.jhuapl.edu
% [...]
% Not supporting HTTP/0.9 would be a mistake.  It's a very useful
% protocol but not every servers needs.  Server can advertise the
% version they support.  0.9 may be "antique" but about half the
% transactions hitting my server are for 0.9.

What do you mean by saying, "half the transactions are for 0.9"?
I think that most of the transactions are simple, and they could be
processed with 0.9, but nevertheless they carry a HTTP/1.0 label.
Therefore, a phasing out of 0.9 should not give much problems, at least
IMNSHO.

.mau.