Re: A modest proposal

From: Ari Luotonen <luotonen@netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 12:43:45 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

Jeffrey made an excellent proposal.  I think it's worth pursuing.

For the transition phase I still think that we should add Lou's SIZE
parameter to I-M-S.  Most of the cache corruption is truncation due to
the fact that HTTP uses closing of connection as EOF and far too many
implementations leave truncation unnoticed (and it's not even possible
to notice it if there is no C-L header).

Cheers,
--
Ari Luotonen				ari@netscape.com
Netscape Communications Corp.		http://home.netscape.com/people/ari/