Re: UDP or TCP?

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@osf.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 15:39:10 -0400
To: mogul@pa.dec.com, jg@w3c.org
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I don't want to turn this list into a DCE battle, and I apologize
for distracting people when they should be reading Roy's draft.

Everything Jeff and Jim wrote seems more-or-less right on target to me.

I'll gladly answer DCE questions in email (or comp.soft-sys.dce), or
even on this list if there are no other options.

> Paul, what does DCE RPC do for congestion avoidance and control
> in WANs, when it uses UDP?

Nothing.  It should probably send an advisory status code up to the
application recommending use of the ncacn_ip_tcp protocol sequence:)
	/r$