more http-v10-spec-01

From: Dave Kristol <dmk@allegra.att.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 95 13:14:28 EDT
To: fielding@beach.w3.org
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Maybe I'm incredibly dense (I see those heads nodding :-), but I found
Sect. 8.28 a bit confusing.  What would have helped me is for there to
be an explicit statement that particular vary-dimension's correspond
exactly to specific HTTP headers, e.g.,
	type		Accept
	charset		Accept-Charset
	language	Accept-Language
	encoding	Accept-Encoding
	user-agent	User-Agent
	version		??
The examples imply the correspondence but there's no explicit statement
of correlation.

What, exactly, is "version"?  Where is the version specified in the URI?

How does a caching intermediary handle a vary-dimension of <token>?
That is, if you can't specify the dimensions in advance, how can the
intermediary figure out what the semantics for such an unspecified
dimension are?  (If <token> is just meant as a place-holder for future
expansion, let's say so.)

Dave Kristol