Re: http-v10-spec-01.ps nits

From: Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 1995 21:43:29 -0400
To: Dave Kristol <dmk@allegra.att.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
>I'm confused.  I wasn't talking about RFC 1123, but about the token
>rfc1123-date (p.13), which defines a specific date format.  The token
>HTTP-date allows one of three different date formats, one of which is
>rfc1123-date.  I assumed you wanted to specify just one of those formats.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.  The answer is still no, since all three
dates are still valid in HTTP/1.0 messages.  The requirement that one
not be generated is separate from the field syntax.

I also forgot to include that all three formats are only required to
be understood by those applications which parse the contents of the
date field.