Re: HTTP 1.1 wish list page?

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 19:34:13 -0700
To: Dave Kristol <dmk@allegra.att.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
> 1) I haven't found a place (Roy's pages or W3O) where the list of
> desiderata for HTTP 1.1 is located.  Is there such a page?

It's in the mailing list archive -- it will be linked to the WG page
when it is in the form of a draft.

> 2) What is the current state of thinking for Host: or Full-URL:?  Is it
> on the 1.1 list?

Orig-URI is on the 1.1 list, though there was a considerable conflict
regarding it at Danvers.  At one point I thought that it would fit well
with the digest AA proposal, but I don't think it will any more.

Both Host: and Orig-URI: will be proposed, but only one will be allowed
in the final document.

 ....Roy T. Fielding  Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA