Re: Browser Developers (A Plea From BrowserWatch)

Bill Perry writes:
>  Well, I haven't looked at what Spyglass 2.0 sends, but the only browsers
>I know of that send this even remotely correctly right now are Emacs-w3,
>AIR Mosaic, and a beta version of netscape set to expire in 7 days.

We send something like:
Enhanced_Mosaic/2.00 Win32 Spyglass/9

The Enhanced_Mosaic token is sent by all of the versions made by our
licensees (all of which have slightly different retail product names).  The
second token varies by platform and processor (so it could be something like
Mac_PowerPC), and the third token specifies the vendor of this specific
version and the build number of this vendor's customized version.

Of course, since 2.00 is already shipping, it's a little late for us to
change it now, regardless of the outcome of this discussion...

--
Jim Seidman, Senior Software Engineer, Spyglass Inc.