Release of WRL "persistent-connection" HTTP implementation

From: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 95 11:14:26 PST
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Since several people have asked us for this, we have finally released
our modified NCSA Mosaic and NCSA httpd sources, implementing an
experimental persistent-connection version of HTTP.

These modifications are for non-commercial use, and should in any
case be considered experimental and unsupported.  We don't promise
to fix anything.

The files are in
        ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/net/phttp.tar.Z

Please carefully note the copyright terms.

See
   http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/IT94/Proceedings/DDay/mogul/HTTPLatency.html
for more details.

-Jeff Mogul <mogul@wrl.dec.com>