Re: Why is From: limited?

From: John Franks <john@math.nwu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 09:22:51 -0600 (CST)
To: Roman Czyborra <czyborra@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
According to Roman Czyborra:

> 1. Why is From: only a request header?  It would be nice to provide
>    the address of the file owner so you know where to send comments
>    if the author forgot to add a <LINK REV="made" HREF="mailto:...">

Would this be different from the current header

	Link: <mailto:e-mail_address>; REL="made"

Many people find the Link header cryptic, perhaps because of its
generality, but I think it supplies the information you want.  I
don't know if this is widely used, but it is used by the WN server
(by default for all files -- even non-HTML files).

John Franks