Re: DNS vs HOME PAGE[S]?

From: Markus Stumpf <stumpf@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 17:43:13 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@hal.com>
Cc: uri@bunyip.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, connolly@hal.com
|>It seems to me that we've had this discussion before, but I don't
|>remember the resolution. Any pointers?

Yeah, we had that discussion before and we never reached some point.
I really like the idea of always having the full URL in http requests.

Btw: There is another solution to this problem.
ifconfig supports on most platforms (at least with some minor patches)
"alias names". Thus your host can have more than one IP address
and you can start different httpds for different aliases.

We use this with FreeBSD and it works fine.

	\Maex
 Markus Stumpf                        Markus.Stumpf@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE
                                http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stumpf/