Re: HTTP: T-T-T-Talking about MIME Generation

On Fri, 16 Dec 1994, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Dec 1994, John Franks wrote:
> > users jump to a new document without waiting for the current one to
> > completely download.  But all that is the price we pay for quality service
> > (from the user's point of view).
>
> The user isn't the one paying that price, though.

True, but if the user is discouraged by the responsiveness they perceive
then they won't come back or won't be back as often.

Additionally, from a providers perspective, I presume that some form
of 'advertising' is the motivation.  The more information which can be
presented to a user per unit of time the user is willing to spend, the
greater the chance that the user will react to some piece of information
as desired by the provider.

Dave