Bugs in Forms (Was Re: HTTP Caching Model?)

From: Glenn Trewitt <trewitt@pa.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 94 11:39:41 -0800
To: David - Morris <dwm@shell.portal.com>
Cc: Mitra <mitra@path.net>, march@europa.com, "Daniel W. Connolly" <connolly@hal.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Glenn Trewitt <trewitt@pa.dec.com>
> I am collecting a list of defects and then plan to attempt a very
> agressive stanse with all the publishers whose variations I have tested.
> I've tried reporting problems and get silence or automatic mail.  In any
> case no sense that my issues will be resolved.  Perhaps having products
> such as mine blacklist user agents will improve the responsiveness
> of the authors.  Be happy to compare notes on problems with anyone
> but I think I've said too much here.

I've already built a form testing suite.  Most browsers have been
tested against it.  Have a look at
	http://www.research.digital.com/nsl/formtest/home.html

I'm very interested in hearing about more form bugs to add to the suite.

	Glenn Trewitt
	Network Systems Laboratory
	Digital Equipment Corporation
	Palo Alto, California