Re: Comments on the HTTP/1.0 draft.

From: Fisher Mark <FisherM@is3.indy.tce.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 94 05:30:00 PST
To: HTTP Working Group <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

Roy T. Fielding writes in <9412011758.aa00432@paris.ics.uci.edu>:
> Marc VanHeyningen writes:
>> (Actually, I wouldn't object to outright prohibiting any CTE other
>> than clear ones like 7bit, 8bit and binary, but maybe there are
>> reasons to allow q-p and base64.)
>
>Clients may wish to support others in order to post newsgroup messages
>through a proxy, but that is the only case I can think of.

Once our newsfeed is up, we may well only provide a Web browser interface to
news so we don't have to support *yet another program!*.  This browser would
be talking to our proxy...
Mark Fisher                            Thomson Consumer Electronics
fisherm@indy.tce.com           Indianapolis, IN

"Just as you should not underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon
traveling 65 mph filled with 8mm tapes, you should not overestimate
the bandwidth of FTP by mail."