resumable downloads in HTTP

From: Dave Barr (
Date: Fri, May 14 1999

From: "Dave Barr" <>
To: <>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 17:03:11 -0700
Subject: resumable downloads in HTTP

I am new to the list, so please forgive me if this question has already been
asked and answered 100 times. I am writing an application which uses HTTP to
download a file from a web server. However if the file is not downloaded in
it's entirety before the connection is broken, I want to be able to resume
the download next time the user connects to the outside world.

Can anybody tell me what HTTP request headers I need to do this, or point me
in the direction of a document which will explain it?

Dave Barr
Phoenix Technologies
411 E. Plumeria Drive, San Jose, CA, 95054
Direct: 408 570 1557
Fax: 408 570 1324