More lessons from DAV

From: Jim Whitehead (ejw@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Tue, Jan 05 1999

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
To: ietf-http-ng@w3.org
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:29:23 -0800
Subject: More lessons from DAV

At WWW7 last year, Rohit, Henrik and I organized a workshop on the future of
HTTP, and presentations and position papers from the workshop can be found
at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/httpng/

Since it is closely related to Yaron's "lessons from DAV" post that was
forwarded by Larry, I want to point out a position paper I wrote for this
workshop titled, "Lessons from WebDAV for the Next Generation Web
Infrastructure".  It covers the topics of parameter marshalling,
multi-resource operations, operations on resource hierarchies, status
reporting, and built-in lock support, and was written to try and separate
out the "take-home" lessons from WebDAV which would be of interest to future
protocol authors, specifically for HTTP-NG.

The position paper is available at:

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ejw/http-future/whitehead/http_pos_paper.html

- Jim