Re: OPTIONS issues from Koen

GW> My take on OPTIONS * is that it refers to the origin server. There
GW> probably should be some way to request options from an intermediate
GW> proxy.

  OPTIONS * HTTP/1.1
  Host: foo.bar.com
  Max-Forwards: 0

  where foo.bar.com is some origin server, but this request was sent
  to a proxy - in this case, the first proxy in the chain should
  respond to the OPTIONS method because Max-Forwards has been used
  up.  To get the options of a second proxy, send 'Max-Forwards: 1',
  and so on.

GW> I am confused, however, about tunnels. Since a tunnel is a blind
GW> relay shouldn't it be irrelevant what the tunnel is or even if one is
GW> present?

  Yes; the canonical example of a tunnel is a SOCKs portal - it does
  not participate in the HTTP at all.

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/