RE: draft-cohen-http-ext-postal-00.txt

your point is valid, and a good argument can be
made that the cat is out of the bag, through the door
and out into the woods.

However, as a former firewall admin, my fear is
that now, if the trend that IPP begins
(introducing new functionality in POST which is
radically different than what the admin expected when
 he/she decided to allow POST across his firewall)
continues that admins will have to keep up on the
latest and greatest to actively block new protocols.
This is in opposition to having to be active and keep
up with the latest and greatest to "allow" new protocols.

I wish we could get a better sample of firewall
admins to give their opinions on this issue.

Will you be at LA?  (and roger too), I'd really
like to have an open discussion on this.