Re: First reactions to mandatory draft

From: Koen Holtman (
Date: Fri, Jan 23 1998

From: (Koen Holtman)
To: (Paul Leach)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 09:46:24 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: First reactions to mandatory draft

Paul Leach:
>One effect of Koen's suggestion is to make a simple thing even more
>complicated.  The simple thing is what Yoran wants -- a new _registered_
>header name which must be understood by the server or rejected.

I think you misunderstood me: I did not intend to propose a
restriction which disallows what Yaron wants.  I would be OK with me
to list registered header names in the Man header.  What I am against
is a mechanism which dynamically allocates unregistered headers or
header prefixes and lists them in the Man header.

>I would suggest something like this:
>Man:	Registered-Header1, Reg-Hedr2, 23-, 35-
>Extension: URL1; ns=23, URL2; ns=35

This still has too much indirection for my taste.  I would suggest
something like:

Man: Registered-Header1, Reg-Hedr2, URL1, URL2;arg1=x;arg2=y