FW: Mandatory draft first revision - please comment!

This probably should be here...

-----Original Message-----
From: Yaron Goland
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 1998 8:36 PM
To: 'Henrik Frystyk Nielsen'; http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Mandatory draft first revision - please comment!

Why does this spec insist on being more than one paragraph long?

All we need is a "Mandatory" header followed by the names of header fields
that MUST be understood. That is it. No fancy namespaces, no extensions,
NOTHING.

Now if you want to add those fancy features, fine, define a "fancy-features"
header and PUT ITS NAME IN MANDATORY.

While we are at it, what happened to the section on changing method names to
"PEP-*"? We need this if we are ever going to deploy.

All this having been said I want to congratulate Henrik et all on really
paring down the spec. It is much better than before. With just a little more
cutting we will finally have something we can deploy.

			Yaron