Re: First reactions to mandatory draft

JM> On the other hand, it's not clear to me that an extension-aware
JM> HTTP implementation should be discarding headers as "unrecognized"
JM> before it has parsed them all. [...]

JM> Consider another, perfectly legal example:

JM> 	GET /foo.html HTTP/1.1

JM> I don't see how you can properly parse the Accept-Language
JM> field without at least some buffering.  (Not "back-tracking",
JM> but "buffering.")

  But that is not the same case - Accept-Language is not an
  unrecognized header, and in event, the server doesn't need to buffer
  the header itself, just the header value - and can fold the values
  from multiple instances of the header.

  What I believe is needed is a way for the sender to say 'In order to
  correctly interpret this message you must understand this set of
  extentions'.  I don't think that the prefix mechanism is needed to
  say that.

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/