Mandatory

From: Josh Cohen (joshco@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri, Apr 17 1998

From: Josh Cohen <joshco@microsoft.com>
To: http-ext@w3.org, frystyk@w3.org
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:58:58 -0700
Subject: Mandatory

1) M- ,This may be a dumb question but..

Why 'M-METHOD' and not just 'NS-METHOD'?
s/NS/the namespace you define in the man: header/

It seems like this would be more consistent, and would allow
association to which extension the method is relevant to.
I would think that one could use more than one extension at a time.

2) parameters
 I can see the utility of the parameters, but I must say Im
indifferent about their presence.
It doesnt seem to cover extensions which are new parameters to
an existing header.

If I create a new authentication method instead of digest,basic
called 'weak' for example, how would I declare it mandatory?
Since the 'weak' would be a parameter to the authorization: header,
I wouldnt feel right about prefixing the auth method with the namespace.
GET / HTTP/1.1
authorization: 5150-weak creds="must say please"
man: http://myauth.mycom/weakling ; ns="5150"

??

josh