AMR decoder - issues

From: Biswajit Biswas <biswas@tataelxsi.co.in>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 16:25:32 +0530
To: discuss@apps.ietf.org
Hi,

When implementing AMR decoder from scratch as explained in 3GPP
standard, I am facing lot of doubts. Decoding fucntions are not
explained properly in the standard. For example, DTX handling in
decoder side is understandble in reference source code , but nothing
is explained in the standard (TS 26.093 V3.3.0).

Am I missing something? Can anybody tell where explanations about the
decoding functions are given in greater detail?

Also, if I use some functions from the reference code, is there any
copyright issue?

Regards
biswajit