Re: [Enum] DRAFT-ALLOCCHIO-GSTN-02.TXT Updated version

At 10:36 am +0100 22/2/02, Claudio Allocchio wrote:
>Hallo,
>
>here is the updated version of DRAFT-ALLOCCHIO-GSTN-02.TXT, which
>includes, as the only difference from the previous one, an "implementer's
>note" regarding 'pause' and 'tonewait' which was suggested as helpful.
>
>As mentioned in the first release of the draft, "the intention for this
>document is to provide a unique syntax for Dial Sequences, including
>expecially phone numbers as a subset. The definitions contained in the
>draft actually come from existing Draft Standard and Proposed Standard
>specifications, but were collected here to provide a quick, easy and
>unique reference document for anybody needing this particualr encoding.
>The original idea comes from the Application Area Directors, and I made
>the collection and edited the I-D."
>
>I kindly invite you to provide me your comments and suggestions!
>
>Thank you all, and regards!
>
>Claudio Allocchio
>ietf fax wg co-chair

I am pretty bemused at this - I seem to have missed the earlier ones.
The Application ADs suggested it?

What exactly does this add to RFC2806?
It doesn't seem to update 2806, so I don't understand how I use this,
or where.

In particular, the phone-context stuff in 2806 is there for a good reason
- the phone string could well be sent to Finland (inside an email, for
instance). This is not going to work if one uses local phone string
format (with 001 to call the U.S.).

It doesn't seem to be in this draft, so perhaps a warning that this
will break unless you KNOW where the recipient will be dialling could
be (re-)added?

Hey, I'm sure you don't have anything else to do before 2300 MET, right? :).

BR,   L