Re: Application protocols and Address Translation

On tisdag, dec 3, 2002, at 13:18 Europe/Stockholm, Brian E Carpenter
wrote:

> IMHO, the IETF community's job should be to make applications that
> run better with a good supply of addresses and without NAT. Beyond
> that we get into economic or regulatory questions, where the IETF
> can't play.

Well said Brian. I think this is what we should say in this document I
would like to have. That we in the IETF _only_ guarantee functionality
for our protocols where NAT does _not_ exist.

    paf