Re: Application protocols and Address Translation

From: Carl Ford <carl@ietfwatch.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:01:34 -0600
To: John Angelmo <john@veidit.net>, Carl Ford <carl@ietfwatch.net>, Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>, discuss@apps.ietf.org

John,

My point was not to argue the issue.  My point was that the IT manager has an
ease of use with NATs that is a two stage process at least with IANA.  And
that is not mentioning the routing requirements.  If I were being paid on
getting the end users up, the value of going to IPv6 would seem pretty weak.

So to combat this the value has to be more fully explained.

Kind Regards,

Carl

--
Sent from KGB Internet Solutions OpenWebMail
http://www.kgbinternet.com