Re: Audio/AMR

From: James Salsman <james@bovik.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:29:30 -0700 (PDT)
To: discuss@apps.ietf.org, vpim@lists.neystadt.org, jutta@pobox.com, ietf@ietf.org
I have almost convinced myself that Audio/AMR is not the same as GSM 6.10
-- can anyone please confirm or deny this?

Here is an Audio/AMR reference implementation for x86 PCs:

http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/AMR-Wideband/AMR-WB_Characterization_Phase/Executables/g7221%26amrnb400_exe.zip

Does anyone have source to an AMR codec?  I can't find it.

> AMR is the mandatory format for voice message audio email attachments
> according to the MMS (Multimedia Messaging System) ETSI cellular
> telephone specification (ETSI 123 140), which incorporates the IETF MIME
> and VPIM specifications in large part.
>
> The MIME type registration for Audio/AMR is presently at:
>   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-amr-13.txt
>
> The AMR specification is:  3GPP TS 26.101:
>   http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/tsg_sa/TSGS_06/Docs/PDF/SP-99562.pdf

Best wishes,
James