Re: TFTP URL

> At 01:26 01/11/25 -0500, Mark Baker wrote:
> > > Think about the "http:".
> >
> >Invokes GET, which is safe.  Yes, an app developer is free to implement
> >unsafe GETs, but any bad stuff that happens is the fault of that
> >developer, not the person doing the GET.
>
> What about http: in an html form context with method="post" ?

That's the identifier of the resource that does the POST processing.
Invoking GET on that resource is very different than invoking POST ...
just don't tell the browsers, which for some reason assume that if I try
to do a GET on one of those URIs after a POST, that I really meant to
redo the POST.  Sigh.

> What about all other (potential) contexts of URIs?

Not sure what you mean by "contexts".  The "U" stands for "Uniform",
doesn't it? 8-)

I can take this offline if you like.

MB