Re: Requirements for reliable message delivery

From: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:49:20 -0500
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>
cc: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>, Claudio Allocchio <Claudio.Allocchio@garr.it>, Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, John Ibbotson <john_ibbotson@uk.ibm.com>, Discuss Apps <discuss@apps.ietf.org>, Richard P King <rpk@us.ibm.com>
> Exactly. We can all agree on this. So given that fact, and the fact that
> people do want to reliably transfer hypertext across unreliable,
> non-transparent and intermittently connected networks, what should we do?

We should explain why it doesn't make good sense to do these things,
and provide alternatives that do make sense.

Keith