New URI scheme: tftp

From: Henning G. Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:04:28 -0500
To: uri@w3c.org, discuss@apps.ietf.org
The draft draft-schulzrinne-tftp-url-01 has been submitted to the I-D
editor and should appear in the archives shortly. Until that time, you
can find the draft at

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip/drafts/draft-schulzrinne-tftp-url-01.txt

Comments are solicited. Please cc me on any comments.

Thank you.

(I wouldn't anticipate that tftp URLs will or should appear on web
pages, but tftp is very widely used for configuration of embedded
systems where higher-complexity protocols are inappropriate. The tftp
URL is already in informal use, see for example by random search
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/fun_r/frprt2/frd2002.htm
)
--
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs