Re: Scheduling for London

At 06:57 AM 6/20/2001, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine wrote:
>I suggest we (again) attempt something in the whois-space, with clear
>demarkations between
>         :43 massage (presentation issues),
>         :xx structure (centralized, collaborative/delegated/...
>         post-43 mega-massage (the whole xml opera)

(patrik's confirmation is happily noted, however...)

Given that we have had two false starts on this topic, already, I'd like to
raise the concern that the previous false start seemed -- to me, at least
-- pretty clearly to be focused ONLY on creation of a data structure
standard for :43 responses.

However the discussion got sidetracked with other, larger and more
difficult issues.

Perhaps the agenda was not as clear as I thought it was.  Hence, being more
clear this time will suffice (he said, optimistically.)

Perhaps something deeper is at issue.  If so, can we try to surface it and
dispatch it?

d/

Dave Crocker   <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg InternetWorking   <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel: +1.408.246.8253;   fax: +1.408.273.6464