Re: Requirements for reliable message delivery

From: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:59:29 -0800 (PST)
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>, janssen@parc.xerox.com, discuss@apps.ietf.org
"The enemy of the good is the perfect"....

I'll take a thermostat with a web page interface this year over one with
some fancy protocol interface several years later, at least in my house...

Whether such fancyness is needed is precisely dependent on the
consequences of failure.  I can tolerate my thermostat being set wrong
for a while....

Doesn't mean I want that for a nuclear power plant, however :-).
                                - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
Cambridge Research Laboratory