RE: Requirements for reliable message delivery

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@interx.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:24:14 -0000
To: "'Michael Mealling'" <michael@neonym.net>, "Bill Janssen" <janssen@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: "Keith Moore" <moore@cs.utk.edu>, "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, <discuss@apps.ietf.org>
Michael Mealling wrote,
> Besides, what are you calling the 'web'? Tim and most of the W3C
> have roughly defined it as the set of things identifiable via
> URIs...

Yes, but that's a pretty imperialist definition given that *anything*
can be identified by a URI (for suitable readings of 'can'). I don't
see any good reason to accept it.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                                     InterX
Internet Systems Architect                      27 Great West Road