Re: Requirements for reliable message delivery

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:20:50 -0500 (EST)
To: janssen@parc.xerox.com
Cc: discuss@apps.ietf.org
[hmm, just checked the archives and my reply to Bill wasn't there.
Must have sent it to him directly.  Here it is again with a minor mod.]

Hi Bill,

> Mark,
>
> Why not just use the system described in RFC 1831, ONC RPC?

That's a big question that a single email can't answer.  The best I can
do in a pinch is to reference Roy Fielding's dissertation;

http://www.ebuilt.com/fielding/pubs/dissertation/rest_arch_style.htm#sec_5_1_5

But as a quick-and-practical answer, because I want my thermostat to be
a first class resource on the Web.  This is what the Web was designed
to be and do.

MB