RE: MP4 Player Available for Download

At 20.57 -0700 01-04-01, Rob Lanphier wrote:
>I've personally given up on ISO, which is why I was sending my email to
>the IETF.  I mistakenly also sent it to the ISO/MPEG working group.  I
>think your participation in this discussion has been incredibly valuable
>in helping others understand the issues involved.  However, I'm pretty
>sure we're no longer at the point where we don't understand the facts of
>the matter, but rather, I think we just plain disagree on what constitutes
>an acceptable outcome.

As Area Director of Applications Area which uses this mailing list
for discussions of various topics, I ask you all to now stop this
discussion in its current form.

I have been talking with several  people the last couple of months,
and it is clear that there are some interest in having some
discussion in the IETF using the IPR rules IETF uses, and using the
open process which IETF uses.

Because of this, I ask people to to to focus so the goal is to
present an agenda for a BOF in London during the 51'st IETF.

IETF will by itself follow liason agreements regarding "new work
items" with other organizations like ISO and W3C to minimize the
amount of duplicate work which is done.

I therefore ask people to synchronize, and come with a proposal for a
BOF when the IETF is announced, and BOF proposals are asked for.

    paf

--
Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>                         Cisco Systems
Consulting Engineer                                  Office of the CSO