Re: Mobile Multimedia Messaging Service

From: James P. Salsman <bovik@best.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 01:29:57 -0700 (PDT)
To: afalk@panamsat.com, mankin@east.isi.edu, paf@cisco.com, rludwig@huginn.CS.Berkeley.EDU, sob@harvard.edu, spencer_dawkins@fnc.fujitsu.com
Cc: discuss@apps.ietf.org, ietf-mmms@imc.org, ietf@ietf.org, pilc@grc.nasa.gov
Patrik,

Thank you for your reply:

>>... guidelines for TCP operation during
>> indefinite wireless link downtime....
>
> I think this must be syncronized with the work of the PILC wg. See
> http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pilc-charter.html

Yes, the next document milestone from PLIC seems to have been delayed:

 Done	Draft on asymmetric network paths.
 Oct 99	Draft of TCP Over Wireless document to the IESG as BCP
 Nov 99	Document on low bandwidth links to IESG for publication as BCP.

Does anyone know who is supposed to be working on the PLIC Wireless
document?  The closest I could find was:

  http://iceberg.cs.berkeley.edu/papers/Ludwig-FlowAdaptive/index.html

Cheers,
James