Re: No apologies if you receive this multiple times

At 12.22 -0700 0-05-03, Bill Janssen wrote:
> Less so now than 5 years ago.  It's a shame that MS Outlook, used with
> MS Exchange, doesn't seem to set either References or In-Reply-To.
> It's making non-inferential threading harder and harder to do for
> mailing lists.  Shouldn't we be discussing this on the 822 mailing
> list?

The people at Microsoft do listen to complaints of this kind,
so we should try to influence them. Everyone who knows
someone at Microsoft, remind them of this issue, and recommend
them to read http://dsv.su.se/jpalme/ietf/message-threading.html
then maybe the next generation of Outlook will get good thread
support!

I am sending a copy of this e-mail to one friend of mine who
works at Microsoft, and who has done good work in the past
on getting his company produce standards-compliant products.
--
Jacob Palme <jpalme@dsv.su.se> (Stockholm University and KTH)
for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/jpalme/