No apologies if you receive this multiple times (was CFP: IEEE IC3N'2000)

Is it necessary for email that is sent to multiple mailing lists to include,
in its body, an apology to people who receive it multiple times?  If they
cared, couldn't they set up an email client to filter out duplicates using
the Message-ID field?  Placing an apology in the message body clutters
everybody's email.  I would like an apology for the apologies!

Delving deeper, there seems to be a problem with communications applications
having obscure features (e.g. Message-IDs) that people reinvent using social
protocols.  How can we entice people to use these features and receive the
benefits of automation without a large investment in learning?

Apologies of my own:
1. Please redirect me, and this discussion, to any mailing lists that might
be more relevant to this topic.
2. This isn't a criticism of this particular Call For Papers.  It seems to
be a deeper generic problem, worthy of research.

Tim