Internet draft about Whois extensions

From: Patrik Fältström <paf@swip.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 19:51:27 +0200
To: IETF Applications Area Discussion List <discuss@apps.ietf.org>, CRS-RAB@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET
I have written an Internet Draft on extensions to Whois which can make it
possible for a whois server to give a referal to the whois client. This is
supposed to be used mostly internally in registry/registrar environments,
but it can also be used for creation of a global whois proxy. It is
proposed that the IANA should keep enough information about whois servers
that exists (information should come from the TLD registrars) so proxy
services easilly can be created.

The name of the I-D is draft-faltstrom-whois-00, but a new version will
come out shortly with information about the mailing list, one reference
added etc. Nothing substantial has changed.

IMC is hosting a mailing list for the purpose of discussions of this draft:

   Discussion on this Internet-Draft is to be held on the mailing list
   ietf-whois-ext@imc.org, which is hosted by the Internet Mail
   Consortium. To subscribe, send an email to
   ietf-whois-ext-request@imc.org, with the text "subscribe" as the
   only word in the body of the mail. There is an archive of the
   mailing list at <http://www.imc.org/ietf-whois-ext/>.

      Patrik