Re: Application "core protocol" BOF/WG idea

From: <spreitze@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:29:52 PST
To: Chris Newman <chris@innosoft.com>
Cc: spreitze@parc.xerox.com, discuss@apps.ietf.org

> I'd say it would be an option for ...
> ... new services that are not an explicitly documented
> purpose of an IETF standards track protocol.

Is it aimed at new IETF protocols, new non-IETF protocols, or both?

> > What will be the requirements for efficiency? ...

> What does this have to do with the proposed charter?  Are you suggesting
> the charter needs explicit efficiency constraints?    I can't predict what
> people who attend the BOF/WG will find to be important constraints.

Well, I certainly can't claim to be an authority on how to write a successful charter, but I was thinking that a useful part of the chartering process would be to look into the question of what, if anything, is the consensus on efficiency requirements.