Drafting mux WG charter

From: Mike Spreitzer <spreitze@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:15:58 PST
To: ietf-http-ng@w3.org, discuss@apps.ietf.org
At the HTTP-NG BOF at IETF-43 it was agreed to proceed chartering a WG
to work on a muxing protocol.  This protocol addresses a subset of the
problems outlined for APPLCORE.  As I've said before, I think the right
approach for APPLCORE (and HTTP-NG as well) is to produce very modular
specifications.  In particular, the two communities should get together
on the problems addressed by the mux protocol.  I've been working on a
charter for a mux WG, with discussion on the ietf-http-ng@w3.org mailing
list (to join, see HTTP-NG home page at
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP-NG/).  I've just posted a new mux WG
charter draft, at